Thursday 8 April 2010

The graduation scarf begins...

Of course, with my deadline for this semesters portfolio looming in less than a week, I not only have the infamous "fear" experienced by many university students around this time of year, but I also appear to be suffering from the apathy and procrastination that serves to strengthen the "fear's" vice like grip....

At least as a result of my procrastination, I have finally got the motivation to start making the graduation scarves that I've been planning!



I saw the pattern for this scarf several years ago and being such a geek knew I had to make one, but as a humanities student I didn't think it would be socially acceptable for me to wear one.... Fortunately I have some rather geeky plant science friends who would delight in helping me out there

So luckily for them, I am making two of these, both displaying parts of the sequence for a particular type of Begonia that was grown in the botanic gardens where they are both working!

I want to make backs for these as well so you don't see the mess on the back of the work, so I have a lot of knitting to do before June 26th when they graduate. I can't wait until May 21st when I hand in my last assignment and can be stuck to my needles until these are done!


Wish me luck!

x

**Update! I finished it, check it out here, or on ravelry**

2 comments:

  1. that is so cool, the colours in the DNA for the different bases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never have lived with myself if I hadn't tried to knit a real sequence, but here's a secret, I was working on it late at night (always a bad idea) and I mixed up a base pair shhhh! They'll never know! (I hope...)

    x

    ReplyDelete